Just in time for the weekend! Friends at The Drunken Moogle dug up another great alcoholic / video game custom creation to help us all kick back and relax.
Portal Jello Shots
Repulsion and Propulsion gels added a new level to Portal 2 and now they can add a new level to your drink night! Kristina Ackerman of KnuckleSalad.com created jello shots that are sure to delight many test subjects.
Blue Portal Jello Shots Ingredients:
½ cup lime sherbet
½ cup water
2 envelopes Knox gelatin
2 oz blue curacao
½ cup ginger ale
½ cup gin
1. Melt sherbet in a medium bowl.
2. Place water into a small saucepan and sprinkle 1 envelope of the gelatin on top. Let it sit for about a minute, then heat slowly over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin has completely dissolved. Add to sherbet bowl, along with 1.5 oz (1 shot) of the blue curacao. Cover and chill.
3. Place ginger ale into small saucepan and sprinkle the other envelope of gelatin on top. Let it sit for about a minute, then heat slowly over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin has completely dissolved. Add gin and remaining curacao, cover, and chill.
4. Wait 20–30 minutes, until the sherbet mixture has begun to solidify and the gin mixture has just thickened. Stir both, then pour the gin mixture into a loaf pan and drop spoonfuls of the sherbet mixture in, swirling it with a spoon to create a gloppy marbling effect. Cover and return to fridge until fully set.
5. When set, slice into the desired shape.
For the making of the orange shot and how to cut up the jello to look like an Aperture Science logo, check out Kristina’s Knuckle Salad website.
Portal Jello Shots by Kristina Ackerman (Facebook) (Twitter)
Via: Knuckle Salad | thedrunkenmoogle